Friday, February 7, 2014

Moving On!

I have to admit....coming up with a theme or concept that truly inspired me for the coming year seemed a bit elusive.  Not sure why. Perhaps because I just finished up two major projects and needed some "brewing" time.  But....a few days off made the difference it seems.

My pieces for 2014 are going to be from some of my favorite photos of old (and rather crumbly) barns.  I'm so excited to get started on this series.  I don't think it will be as close to realistic as some of my recent work. At least in  my head there is something I want to try out.  I'll keep you guys posted along the way!!

Here are just a couple of my photos that are begging to be translated!! I even have their titles already!!

Patchwork

Coming Unhinged

Windswept

The hard part now is to pick out the remaining three. There are so many that I truly like!! I'm thinking I will do the six for this group for this year but I don't think it will be the end of the series. At least if they turn out like I see them in my head!!!  And we all know how that sometimes goes!!

Now to come up with a name for the series.....hmmmmmmmmm.............

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love those old barns! So full of character, texture and yes, the smell of old manure :-)will look forward to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete