Another line quilt is finished!! If you follow my personal blog you have seen these pictures before :-). For this quilt I started with 126 black strips and 9 red strips. The black is a commercial fabric, the red a hand dyed one. They will be stitched on white raw silk.
Fabric for the back is this red one. No idea why I ever bought this, because the shiny top makes it very difficult to use in any project. That is the reason that I used the reverse side (at the right) as it looks much more decent.
The top turned out rather big, so instead of using my domestic Janome I used my HQ16 for the stitching. The strips were fused to the silk. I did not keep track of the time, but I spend a lot of hours working on it.
Recently I discovered a way of finishing the edges while not using a binding. This technique requires a bit more planning in advance, but it works out nicely. Important is that the quilting does not go over the planned dimensions! When all the quilting is finished, I placed the quilt like this on my working tables and used a black marker to draw the size on the fabric. The size is roughly 28"x48". Next step is to carefully cut away the back fabric and the batting.